Yet another Eitan's blog

יום שבת, מאי 27, 2006

Clean the beach

The amount of plastic and glass trash on the beach in Haifa has gone beyond anything I have ever seen. I feel like I'm in Guatemala again. If you don't know, in many 3rd world countries - people take their home trash to the bus, in order to throw it from the window - far away from home. When I saw the beach today, it reminded me just that. And who gains money from all of this? Coca Cola, Prigat, Goldstar. The rest of us get a poluted beach. I'm really ashamed of this.
In 3 weeks I have a 2 hour course from the ministry of environment. I'll get certified as a "Neeman Nikayon", so I'll be able to fine people that trash like this. I'm considering running a campaign to stop this filthy habit of trashing our beach. We'll see if I can do something effective. Seems to me like a nice challenge. He he, I hope that in the 2 hours they also teach self-defence :). Who knows, here in Israel...

1 Comments:

At 12:39 אחה״צ, Anonymous אנונימי said...

This is what I think of Ne'emaney Nikayon:
http://neeman-nikayon.tripod.com

 

הוסף רשומת תגובה

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to "Yet another Eitan's Blog" google group
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com